Tuesday 2 December 2014

The Classical Elements: Candle Animation by "Mo the Half"

I was looking on YouTube for candle references, and this particular animation really stood out to me. It was produced by someone with the username Mo the Half, and I think it's a really good sequence of a candle burning and being blown out.

                         

Even though it is a basic animation that isn't really well known, I think it accurately captures the movement of the flame, both as it is slowly burning and as it is blown out by the wind. I also like the addition of the smoke rising after the flame is extinguished, and is something I didn't even think about when I was storyboarding. I think I could definitely consider this to be a source that I potentially work from, as the sequence is beautifully drawn, and I think it deserves more recognition than what it has received.

No comments:

Post a Comment