Monday 1 December 2014

The Classical Elements: Preparing to Animate, Part Two.

Here I have returned to my candle drawings. To begin with I didn't draw the flames as I was wanting to animate them separately, so I have drawn them in on a different layer to the original drawings.

No Colour

I started off by simply sketching the flames, and did this with just the original candle sketch showing to see what it would be like in full black and white. I think it looks okay. I used a different type of brush to draw the flames, and also made it quite opaque so the flame would appear to have a different texture to the rest of the candle.

Flames in Colour

Then on a different layer to the flame sketch, I added in colour. Similarly to the first one, I used an opaque brush to make the drawing look more like fire, and used unorganised strokes to make it look like it was flickering. I started off by testing the colour against the original candle outline, and I quite like how this makes the flames stand out. Having said this...

Full Colour

... I think my final test is my favourite. For this one, I just made the colour layer visible to see the characters in full colour. Up to now, I am considering producing the animation in this way as I have not yet explored with using colour, but I shall have to see if I have the same views once I have included a background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment