Friday 12 December 2014

The Classical Elements: Another Animation Update

After I completed my initial candle sequence, I thought it would be best if i designed the background next, so I did just that. I started with the room rather than the backdrop behind the candles as this would just be the human character's shirt and I am yet to design her/him. I didn't really plan this out and just drew what came to mind. Despite this lack of planning I really like what I have created. I especially like the texture I have given the door and the table. Originally it was just going to be a solid colour with just a bit of shading, much like the rest of the elements of the background, but I didn't really like the way it looked. It was too simple. So I played around with different brushes and managed to give the wood a grainy look. 

I did a similar thing with my cake. Again, it was originally just a solid colour like everything else in the animation so far, but just like my door, I experimented with brushes to see what I could create and I think I was successfully able to give the cake a texture that made it look like sponge. 

Background and Cake Design

Having created my background, I went on to planning out the movement of the human character, as well as some of the keyframes of the candle flames. The addition of these initial sketches has, in my eyes, strengthened the animation, and has allowed me to get a better idea of what the final piece is going to look like. 

Update Three

I'm really pleased with my progress, and I can't wait to see what it will look like when it's all finished, especially now I feel I don't have that much more to do. My plan of attack is to draw the human character in colour, then add the backgrounds into the beginning scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment