Friday 12 December 2014

The Classical Elements: Yet Another Animation Update

I have recently designed the human character, like I said I would in my previous post. When I was doing so, I came across a slight problem. Because I had drawn the cake and the background all on one layer it meant I would have to draw around the cake as I couldn't move the girl to sit behind it as the background would cover her. I didn't really fancy doing this, as it seemed I was making things harder for myself than what they needed to be. So instead I copied the cake onto a separate layer so I could rearrange the layout to create depth in my scene. It also meant I didn't have to be precise with my colouring around the cake, as I could be messy and the cake would hide it all. This also meant I could confidently colour right up to the edge of the cake without accidentally drawing over it or leaving white gaps around it. 


I'm really happy with how the girl turned out, and I think she is my favourite element of the whole animation. I love her hair especially, as I really like how it looks as though there is light shining on it from the "ceiling lights".
I wanted to try and make her quite realistic in comparison to the candles so that there would be a contrast between the two types of characters. This would also put emphasis on the fact that the girl is intact human and alive, whereas the candles usually aren't. I reckon I have done a good job at doing this. Hopefully when I draw her face on a separate video layer, I will be able to keep this realism consistent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment