Tuesday 12 January 2016

Applied Animation: Initial Style Test

As an initial test/experiment with watercolour, I drew some fruit. I made sure not to be too precious with the line work, which was created with a very thin fine liner. I purposefully made some of the lines quite wobbly to give the illustrations more character. 


When it came to adding the colour, I made sure to try a number of different styles but again not being to precious about it; after all, the colour is only going to be implemented when we are focusing on the child's perspective. I tried blending colours (mango), as well as just using block colour. With some of the fruits I also made it obvious that the colour wasn't sticking to the inside of the lines, both because of an artistic decision/style choice, and because I thought this would reflect how a young child may draw or paint. When I had drawn multiple subjects (for example the blueberries), I did one 'funky' brush stroke over a handful of them, to colour them all at once rather than focusing on them individually. 

I'm really pleased with my tests, especially because they were so quick and easy to do, yet look quite effective. Others also seem to be pleased with what I have done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment