Monday 4 January 2016

Responsive: LoopdeLoop2 - Getting Started

As I had my narrative sorted, my next step was to tackle character design. I didn't want the characters to be too realistic but I did want them to resemble me and my sister considering I was basing the loop on our experiences. I started drawing simplistic characters that would be 'easy' to animate, and I know it's usually better to explore your options before you settle on an idea, but I was hooked with my first design and thought it would work really well. 

Characters Based on Me (Left) and my Sister Maressa (Right)

As I was wanting to work digitally, I sketched out the characters in Photoshop then began designing a scene around them. This didn't take me too long to do as I was wanting the space to resemble my house. I opted for the living room rather than my room (where we would usually spend most of our time) as I figured this would be a more ideal space for animating my characters in.

Initial Environment

I think the environment works really well. The colour palette isn't too drastic and isn't harsh on the eyes, and it also feels as though the characters belong. I did give the features in the space more detail which I refrained from doing so with the characters as it would be more complex to animate, but I think this looks fine. It actually brings the characters out from the background slightly with them being more block colour than their surroundings which is nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment