Tuesday 5 January 2016

Responsive: LoopdeLoop2 - Animating the Next Scene

The scene I decided to move onto next was the fighting/arguing scene. I sat down with my sister and talked with her about what she thought we should do to express our disagreements, considering I didn't want to have any speech, as I'm not prepared at this moment in time to try and animate lip syncs. We managed to get a few ideas (waving our arms around at each other, slaps, fighting) but the one that stood out the most was strangling each other.

In order to try and make my animated movements as realistic/fluid as possible, I recorded a live action video of us attacking each other, which I have to say was a lot of fun. 

LAV of Me and Maressa 'Fighting'

Animating the Fight Scene

The live action video was a massive help for me when it came to animating this scene, and I think I've done a good job at creating a realistic fight between these two characters. I particularly like the addition of the shadows as well as the glow from the TV screen, it is a subtle addition, but again I think it has improved the aesthetic of the piece and actually makes it feel as though they are sat in front of their game. 
I would have liked to change the movement of the hair in the last couple of frames, just as it seems a little bit repetitive but I think for now I shall leave it be. I will see how the whole animation looks when I get it finished and put together, and from there I shall see if I want to make the changes, but I don't want to spend too much time trying to correct this as I have other projects that I need to be getting on with such as my essay. I also don't have much time left for this deadline, and I think it would be silly spending too much time on one detail such as the hair when I still have other scenes and post-production to get finished so I can submit my entry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment