Saturday 24 January 2015

Take 5: Sound Five

I thought I was really going to enjoy drawing this sound, as the first time I heard it I had a few ideas and I thought it was going to be easy to get the ball rolling considering I had a good place to start. When it came to it, I couldn't really think of anything more than what I got.

The clip sounded very electronic and fuzzy, and it seemed to get "closer" to the audience. Towards the end of the clip there was - what sounded like - the crack of a whip with sparks coming off of it. I started out in pen to jot down my initial thoughts, then brainstormed what colours I thought it could be. Initially I was thinking a mixture of blue and purple tones, but then thought it could potentially be a green.



















I started by making some quick responses in water-colour but I felt this wasn't the right texture for the sound. The clip was more "fuzzy", so instead I worked with oil pastels and chalks. I felt these more accurately portrayed the sound, but I have never been a fan of working with coloured pastel/chalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment