Friday 23 January 2015

Take 5: Sound Three

I found the third sound clip particularly harder than the rest simply because I recognized what it was. The clip was of water droplets and because I knew what it was I found it incredibly hard to picture anything other than a faulty tap.  I also found myself drawing tear drop shapes in my experiments too. I guess this isn't too much of a problem, as the sound seems to droop like a tear but I don't like how I seemed to just be drawing water streaming and rippling. 





These scans/edits really don't do the water-colour any justice...

I worked predominately with the colour blue, because this best describes water. I also thought it would be best to use water colours as they weren't as "harsh" as other media, and they also best described the fluidity of water. 



...Especially when it's on top of a tissue.

I started out by drawing the drips in the blue, but then I got the idea to draw these in white instead. I felt that this would help portray the drips more accurately as small bodies of water are transparent, and it's only when they are large that they appear blue. So I draw the drips almost blindly using white crayons/oil pastels, then coated the paper with water colour to reveal the marks I had made. Because I am terribly inpatient and wanted to continue working, instead of waiting for the piece to dry fully I dabbed at it with a tissue. This caused some of the paint to transfer to the tissue, and I really liked that as an idea. It made the piece seem more delicate and fragile. 

Here I have simply combined a number of techniques to create one piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment