Tuesday 6 January 2015

The Classical Elements: Adding Titles

My project brief required my animation to have sound and a title sequence, so I got to work at adding them in. Not just because my brief told me to, but because this would just finish the animation nicely. I started off by making the titles. I didn't want the text to overlap the animation too much, as the audience would miss what was going on in the story, so I decided the title of the animation was going to appear before the video clip. This meant I had to decide on a background colour or image.


I decided to go for the same colour as the girls shirt, this way when the titles fade out, it would look like it was blending into the background (behind the cake and the characters). Then I had to choose the colour of the text. I was torn between black and white, and in the end went with white as it was easier to read in this colour. I liked how the colour scheme made it look like a chalkboard, so I purposefully didn't make the text perfectly straight to run with the theme of it being hand drawn on a chalkboard. Rather than just having the text still in the centre of the screen, I made it shake slightly in after effects. This just made it more interesting to look at, and it also helped enhance the idea that the text was hand drawn. 

I did the same thing for my credits. I was debating whether to have the title transition to the credits, but I decided against it as I didn't want the video to cut to black and so I put them in at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment