Friday 23 January 2015

Take 5: Sound Two

I found the second sound much more fun to animate, and I think it's down to the fact that it seemed to be much more "playful". The clip sounded to me that it was broken up into three different sounds, the most obvious being the loudest. This one seemed to be quite bouncy and I imagined it dotting around the page. Within this sound I heard several beeps that sounded like Morse-code and then there was the constant stream of background noise/static.

Much like the first sound clip, I tried to give each sound I heard a different shape and consequently different characteristics. I imagined the background static as a single straight line that ran through or behind the other noises, which I often represented as dots/circles or more playful squiggles. The sound to me had an electronic/techno feel, and I thought the best way to show this was to use either blue or green.






I think the second sound has been more successful than the first, as to me I think they represent the sound much more accurately. I also didn't feel the need to produce any blind responses as I didn't struggle finding new ways to present the sound. I think this is due to the fact that I was able to pick out a number of different sounds within the one clip, and I found it easy to focus on them individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment