Sunday 9 November 2014

Compare the Meerkat

Compare the Meerkat is a great example of an animated commercial that has actually been successful.


The campaign was launched in 2009 and promotes the website Comparethemarket.com, a website where you can compare car insurance. The sole reason this animation has been successful is because of the characters that have been created. Clearly people went crazy over the meerkats and the play on words as the website is now ranked the 4th most popular for car insurance, rising from 16th in 2008. The advert even convinced me to use the website for my own car insurance once I passed my test, just because of how memorable it was. The animation is also pretty good, and I think the meerkats have been animated really well, and I like the thought behind the whole idea of the campaign and the lengths they went with it, I.e. they actually made the website Comparethemeerkat.com so you can compare photographs of meerkats.

No comments:

Post a Comment