Friday 21 November 2014

Visual Language Sketchbook: Update One

For this brief, we literally just have to draw what we see. Things that interest us, what we think is important or is relevant, so we can use the sketchbook as a source of inspiration and ideas. It is also an opportunity to practice my drawing skills, as I may fall out of the routine of drawing if I am working with computers a lot. Which I am.


Here is my sketchbook so far. Up to now I have been drawing in it whilst I have been commuting to the college, so majority of my sketches are of people. I've never really done observational drawings of people before, usually I just draw from memory/imagination or use photographs as a source, so it has been nice to step out of my comfort zone and draw in this way. I have found it quite frustrating at times as I haven't always been able to finish my drawings as people have got up and left, but I think this is a great way to encourage me to work quicker. It also means the quicker I get the sketch finished the sooner I can stop staring at strangers and being the creepy girl on the train who draws everybody. 

I'm really enjoying this brief and think it's a great way to generate ideas and keep me practicing my drawing skills. I'm going to continue to work in my book, and update my blog with my work every so often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment