Sunday 9 November 2014

The Bear and The Hare - John Lewis.

John Lewis' Christmas adverts are just the sweetest things and never fail to give me goosebumps. I have just seen this year's and it reminded me how great 2013's was, so I'm going to talk about that for a bit.


The Bear and the hare is a beautiful combination of stop motion and 2d animation, about a bear that always misses out on Christmas because he is hibernating. The hare wants to give the bear the gift of allowing him to see Christmas for the first time, so he gives him an alarm clock to wake him up so he can join everybody.
I think everything about this animation is brilliant. The characters are lovable, and move so realistically to say they are drawn cut outs. The set is crafted so beautifully and the attention to detail in the props is stunning. It makes me feel as though it's an actual place how realistic they have made the set, especially when it is accompanied by lighting. I love the warm glow of the light to mimic the sun rising. Just everything about this animation is perfection, and I'm sure I don't stand alone when I say this. The animation team who worked on this have certainly done a fine job at creating an advert that all the family can enjoy and love, and it's not the first time they have done so either. They've made so many great Christmas adverts that people now know when it's getting closer to Christmas when they see the new John Lewis ad, that and the Coca Cola ad, so they've clearly been successful at advertising their company. Well, that and Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment