Tuesday 18 November 2014

The Classical Elements: Storyboarding

 Drawing of potential characters/shot.

Before I came to storyboard, I did a quick sketch of a potential shot including some potential characters, as I realised if I wanted to include more candles in the row this would effect what the novelty candle would look like. I really like my sketch, and I think there is a nice variety of people, but I don't think I'm going to persue the 5th character. I think he's great but he just doesn't really fit into the storyline very well.

On to storyboarding.

 
Once again, I'm back to not using the scanner.

 I didn't take too much time on this, as it isn't my final version. I just wanted to quickly consider the different angles and shots that I could use, and get down some of the actions in the order I wanted them to happen. I briefly considered some sounds I could use in my animation, such as a wolf whistle. The addition of these sounds will make the story make more sense, as it gives the characters a reason to turn around. 

I think my selection of characters is good. There is a range of different personalities, and I like the narrative I have been able to come up with using this selection and now that I have briefly sketched out a storyboard I am going to make an animatic based on these drawings, so I can test timings, and really focus on the camera angles that I am going to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment